[WWYC] WWYC Contest Rules - final draft

K9YO- Cedrick Johnson k9yo@ix.netcom.com
Sun, 02 Jan 2000 15:37:56 -0600

I agree.. It's settled.. end of debate!

Let's have some contest fun now..

-Cedrick

At 12:46 PM 1/2/00 , Jason Goldsberry wrote:
>Hi list,
>   These are the offical rules.  First of all, not everyone will be totally
>happy...I'm sorry for this.  It is of my belief that this suits the most
>people and makes it most convenient for them.
>
>Date:  3rd weekend in April,  April 15-16, 2000
>
>This weekend is mainly clear.  I'm sorry if this is too busy, this is the
>nearest uncluttered weekend we could find.  If you care to join the
>Bangladesh 440 MHz moonbounce contest, have fun.
>
>Modes:  CW , SSB
>Bands: 40, 20, 15, 10
>Preferred frequencies:  CW:  7050-7060, 14040-14060, 21040-21060, 28100-120
>(this is so novices can work)
>SSB:  No 40m SSB, 14240-14270, 21400-21430, 28300-28330
>
>These frequencies basically keep out of everybody's way.  They do not take
>up the whole band.  40 meter SSB gives certain areas of the world unfair
>advantage.  We want to make this fair as possible.
>
>Time:  1400z 15th - 1400z 16th.  Maximum 18 hours on air.
>
>Why?  This gives everyone a fair chance at propagation.  This is long.
>Yes.  Toughing it out during long contests is what real contesters are for.
>  This separates us from "Joe Ham", and at the same time, gives the average
>"Joe Ham" time to come on and participate.  A maximum time lets contesters
>sleep.  We are World Wide YOUNG Contesters so it is only right that we
>sleep for our schoolwork and family.
>
>Exchange:  599 + Age, YLs send 00 if preferred.
>
>Everybody agrees with this mostly.  With the 'YC' added this adds
>confusion.  Let's keep it simple the first time around.  YLs may send 00
>for age if they want.
>
>Multipliers:  Number of WWYC members worked per band.
>
>Since we did not have RST + AGE + YC in the exchange, this should take it's
>place.  As said before, this gives others an incentive to become a member.
>Always good to have incentives.
>
>Scores:  n5nu@inu.net  - or - my CBA since 1997
>
>I hope that this appeases everyone and makes a fair settlement.
>
>Have fun and see you in the contest.
>
>73, Jason N5NU - WWYC Contest Chairman
>
>n5nu@inu.net
>http://www.inu.net/n5nu/
>
>--
>Submissions:              wwyc@contesting.com
>Administrative requests:  wwyc-REQUEST@contesting.com
>Problems:                 owner-wwyc@contesting.com

Cedrick Johnson - K9YO - ex. N9YXA, Z2/N9YXA - Extra Class
Dekalb, Illinois - Home of the NIU Huskies
10-10: 67368
Visit the K9YO ContestCentral online at:
http://www.qsl.net/k9yo

NorilTech Web Site: http://www.netcom.com/~k9yo

What's a CW?

"...locate a local ISP that is run by COMPETENT geeks, NOT MCSE
or PHB's..." -Quote from a Pro-Linux paper

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
- Walter Bagehot