[WWYC] IARU TEST N6MJ

Thomas - OZ1AA Thomas - OZ1AA" <oz1aa@qsl.net
Thu, 6 Jul 2000 22:39:47 +0200

Hi again...

>Hello to all the new members.  I will be going to W6KP again for IARU (CW
>only of course).  I am hoping to break the top 5 in NA which shouldn't be too
>hard since all the top ops are in S5 land.  Here is a rundown of KP's station
>
>QTH on top of a mountain appx 4700 ft high
>160:  vertical
>80:  67 ft vertical (soon to be 3 el yagi)
>40:  4 el yagi
>20:  6 el klm yagi
>15:  6 el klm yagi
>10:  6 el klm yagi
>
>Rigs:  TS-930, TS-940, TS-950, IC-775
>Amps: AL1200, AL1500 plus 3 more homebrews

Hmmm, I see that all us kids trying to learn SO2R are already far behind...
nowadays you are going to run 4 radios and 5 1.5 KW amps if you are going to
be something, he he.

>Good luck to all of you and dont forget to put WWYC on your summary sheet.

Dan, does that mean that you no longer are going to give all your mio. of
points to that SCCC club?? He he, anyway I am absolutely sure that we
can gather quite a lot of points together in this contest!!

Also I hope to meet many of you on 14.330 at 11:00 UTC one hour before the
start of the test. I will be there for sure.

BTW, Fabian DJ1YFK and I had a nice day in Copenhagen today. First we went to
the 5P1ER station to have some fun there. Fab is one of the very best CW-ops,
so he had a hard time running at about 27-28 WPM since you can't run any faster
with that call on CW... Anyway, even at that speed many did probably copy HP1ER
:-( Then we went to the OZ7HVI club station where Fab had a nice run of JA's and
UAØ's on 18 MHz as OZ/DJ1YFK/P IOTA EU-029... Tomorrow he is going on to Stockholm
SMØ, and he will be an operator at SK9HQ (SSA's HQ stn @ SKØUX) in the IARU test.

CUL, Vy 73 de Thomas, OZ1AA

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://lists.contesting.com/wwyc-faq.htm