[WWYC] IARU test

Gus Widell Gus Widell" <sm3sgp@kkn.net
Thu, 6 Jul 2000 23:23:57 +0200

Hi Y Contesters,

When I started with contesting 13 years ago I also dreamt of big antennas
and lots of towers. Finally I got there myself and but I still remember my
feelings how hopeless it felt, living in my dads house (apartment) with TVI
and a QRP station.

Time will come sooner or later for everyone interested in building a good
contest station. It could be a lot cheeper that you think. Nowadays when we
have mobile phone base stations everywhere, with lots of towers/cables and
good stuff for us hams, it will be easier to find used and dismounted useful
equipment.

I still think the best way to go is to work multi op and learn from
experienced operators and station builders, get to know the right people who
can provide you with the right equipment and solutions.

To operate with a 100 watts with the right technic will put you in the front
seat sooner or later.

Good luck in the contest!

73, Gus
SM3SGP - SK3W