[WWYC] IARU WM5R

Kenneth E. Harker kharker@cs.utexas.edu
Sun, 9 Jul 2000 17:12:35 -0500

      IARU HF WOrld Championship

    Contest Dates : 08-Jul-00, 09-Jul-00
    Callsign Used : WM5R
        Operators : WM5R + net
         Category : Multi-Single
 Default Exchange : 59(9) 7
             Name : Kenneth E. Harker
          Section : South Texas (STX)
          Country : United States
        Team/Club : Central Texas DX and Contest Club

   BAND   Raw QSOs   Valid QSOs   Points   Mults   Zones

   80CW        1           1          1       1         0
   80SSB       1           1          1       1         0
   40CW        3           3          7       2         1
   20CW       58          58        254       5         3
   20SSB      92          92        368       9        18
   15CW       27          27        109       2         2
   15SSB      66          66        246       5         9
   10SSB       3           3          7       0         2

 Totals      251         251        993      25        35

    Final Score = 59580 points.

     My main goal for the contest was to work enough WRTC
stations to get me a T-shirt.  To do that, all I needed was
80 contacts, and after Saturday morning, I thought that was
going to be really hard.  But the opening that came right at
S5 sunset was pretty good.  As it turns out, I made over 120
QSOs with WRTC stations... all on 15 and 20.  I never heard
a single European on 10M, and didn't hear any WRTCers on
40M.  I hadn't been keeping track during the contest, but
I came one shy of a WRTC sweep - I missed S583D.  S527K
was the only station in my log on all four band/modes
(20CW, 20PH, 15CW, and 15PH.)

    Hope everyone else had fun!

Kenneth E. Harker      "Vox Clamantis in Deserto"      kharker@cs.utexas.edu
University of Texas at Austin                   Amateur Radio Callsign: WM5R
Department of the Computer Sciences         President, UT Amateur Radio Club
Taylor Hall TAY 2.124                         Maintainer of Linux on Laptops

FAQ on WWW:               http://lists.contesting.com/wwyc-faq.htm