[WWYC] DJ1YFK IOTA SO CW 24h QRP

Schenk-Kurz Schenk-Kurz@t-online.de
Sun, 30 Jul 2000 14:17:11 +0200

Hi all,

just a short info about the contest here:

time on      24h (almost -- some QRX for getting food etc)
Q's          509
Multi's      120 (? about ?)
Points       480.000

QRV with QRP 5W and Doublet antenna.

Last year i operated in IOTA-Test with same rig, but QRO and made 500 Q's and
only 250 000 Points... (guess I spent more time with S&P'ing (-> multis!) since
I am QRP...)

WWYC'ers worked: SM3W, 9a/S51TA, YU7AL, HA3LN, SP3CW (surely some more -- too
tired to remember :)

After the contest I met LZ5QZ on 14.325, pity that not more WWYC'ers were
there... (even I took my microphone out of the thashcan for that! :)

Activity was quite OK, but COndx on upper bands (especially 10m sucked!)
40m was in good shape (worked PY and LU with QRP - booming signals from SA!)

The loudest station was  ...  RA1ACJ on 40m, who made my receiver sick (almost
...) .

More stuff later ...

so, now QSY to the bed!

73's Fabian DJ1YFK ...-.-