[WWYC] Contest

KB9UWU@aol.com KB9UWU@aol.com
Fri, 10 Mar 2000 16:36:10 EST

Hey all,
I am one of the new members.  Name here is Matt and I live in Decatur, IL.
My current call sign is KB9UWU...will change soon :)
I LOVE contesting, but here at my home, I dont have a good contest station
set up.

ARRL CQDX SSB -  I set up my triband beam at a friends house on a 50' mast.
We were just playing around... used the call K9HGX in the contest.  We
decided to go for mutli op two transmitter (LP).  I made 150 q's on 10
meters, and 30 or so on 20 meters.  Our other op was KB9JLL...he was on 15
for a few hours racking up contacts with a hustler vertical.
For just tuning around the band working stations, I think we did OK for just
a little joke contest station :)
our equipment was:
Rigs: Icom 730 and Kenwood 130S
Ant:  Mosley TA33J up about 40' and a Hustler ground mounted vertical

Well, enough from me... I am sure you will all hear me on 10 meters a lot and
80 meter CW...

73 to all,
Matt
KB9UWU