[WWYC] Russian

Mikael Larsmark SM3WMV // SM3W larsmark@swipnet.se
Sun, 19 Mar 2000 16:24:30 +0100

Hello!

Well, I spent a few hours in this contest from home, worked 250
stations....just to get the 200 qso certificate. Worked 50 more then
I needed because of the log checking.......well, I dont like this
contest with LP.......not when you're working Phone, all those
russian stations that are splattering soooo much and they cant
understand that my call is SM3W and not, SM3WM, SM3WW,
SM3W?, I probably got like 100 SM3W?? and I said, only SM3W
and they continued asking SM3W??.........
But some of the russians stations are really good op's to!!

I guess you guys produced pretty nice scores, I heard UU7J (not a
member but anyway) with over 2000 qso's and then It was like 2-3
hours to go in the contest.......

I will be active from SL3ZV in WPX SSB doing SOAB HP (Rookie,
last year). Dont know yet if I will use SL3A or SI9AM.....Both of
them will probably be the only stations with those prefixes that will
be active (there is only one SI9 prefix in the world that ever has
been active and only in one contest).....dont know which I should
use yet........Sugar Italy Nine Alfa Mike or Sugar Lima Three Alfa!!
Any suggestions?

73 // Mike (SM3WMV // SM3W) #6 WWYC
Keep up the hamspirit and enjoy ham radio contesting!

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/wwyc-faq.htm