[WWYC] N6MJ WPX CW

Mikael Larsmark NV01-108@park.se
Tue, 30 May 2000 14:26:17 +0200

Hi!

I will just say congrats Dan! A great score and I guess you will
ATLEAST be in top ten in USA. I don't know how much the real big
big guns have been working. I didn't many of them though, KQ2M
didn't seem to do a very serious contest operation.....just heard
him on Sunday, I didn't hear any of the M/M stations either but I
guess they had special callsigns and I didn't get a QSO with K3ZO
until on Sunday......strange.

Congrats to the super score Dan!!! and thanks for the QSO, you
were not that loud on 15m.......not many stations were over S9 and
that's very strange.......maybee it was the summer conds or
something.........

73 // Mike (SM3WMV // SM3W)

>                                CQ WW WPX - CW
>
> Call: N6MJ
> Operator(s): N6MJ
> Station: W6KP
>
> Class: SOAB  Power: HP
> QTH: CA
> Operating Time (hrs): 36:00

>    160:      0
>     80:     15
>     40:    292
>     20:   1200
>     15:   1020
>     10:    211
> -------------------------------
> Total:   2738 x    818  =  6,016,390
>
> Club: SCCC
>
> Comments:  Yet another great battle between me and N6RT.  Its nice to be on
> the winning side of these close battles for a change.  For those wondering
> how we do so well from CA, Doug and I use very special stations.  W6EEN has
> 40 acres in Indio and has stacks on 10-20 (I think), 4 el 40m, and 3 el 80m
> antennas.  He is in the city, so he has moderate line noise.  W6KP has 36
> acres in Anza (which is where W6CCP and W6BH are located) and is on top of a
> a mountain at about 4600 feet.  He has  a clear shot to JA and EU.  His
> antenna's are 6 el KLM's on 10-20, 4 el 40m yagi, and 67 ft vertical on 80m.
> There are no neighbors near his QTH, and his powerlines are underground, so
> there is absolutely no noise up there.  So what Doug gains with the stacks, I
> make up with the ability to copy another layer of weak EU sigs.  I got off to
> a great start, the first 4 hours were 125-118-114-138, but it was all
> downhill from there.
>
> 73, Dan Craig N6MJ (ex-AD6DO, KC6CNV)
>
> --
> FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/wwyc-faq.htm