[WWYC] ped under w98 ?

Scott Northcutt snorthcutt@mindspring.com
Sun, 15 Apr 2001 15:31:04 -0500

Felix,

I had a similar experience with the G4... Pileup program.  It looks
ONLY for a SB 16 (or compatible) I think.  I tried it with a SB128
(newer nicer card from Creative Labs) and it would not even start.
I've never heard a work-around.  I don't know if it was looking for
something that was ISA-bus based or what.  The SB128 was a PCI card
and it did not make it happy, even with the latest drivers.  I'll bet
that PED is affected by the same problem.  Since it's a DOS program
(is it still in development?), it might not like things in PCI-land.
If someone has a fix, I'd be interested in hearing it as well.  If I
could practice with one of these, I might actually enter a CW contest
one of these days. :-)  Good luck.  If some wise WWYC-er out there has
figured it out, enlighten us.

Tnx and 73,
Scott
N4JN

------------------8<snip--------------
Dear WWYCers,

Does anybody of you has a hint how to run ped519 under W98?
I was formerly runninī ped under W98 with a simple 16bit SB card which
was workinī pretty fine. Now Iīve tried it with an onboard soundchip
and it doesnīt work at all.
Despite several changes in the Bios I couldnīt solve the problem.
Pileup! by G4... also didnīt work.
Probably one of you has made similar experiences.

vy 73 de Felix, DL7FER

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://lists.contesting.com/wwyc-faq.htm