[WWYC] OA News

Sergio Julio Chion Aguirre oa4dkc@hotmail.com
Sat, 03 Feb 2001 20:33:00 -0000

Hi WWYC Reflector,

   The main purpouse of this email is to get more activity to the reflector
and a good starting is sending an email to it, HIHI.  Ill try to write
periodically so everyone knows a little about activities of ham radio in
Peru.
   My name is Sergio J. Chion Aguirre, my call is OA4DKC.  I am a 19 years
old ham, who got his license when I was 17.  My first interest in the hobby
is in the DX branch.  Thats why I hvae learned turtle speed morse, which I
am practising 2 weeks ago, new in this mode I have less than 100 QSO in CW,
HIHI.  I am a member of the RadioCLub Peruano, the most important club in
Peru.
   Our activity in contest has been very limited, but the last year we have
been in nearly all important World Contest using OA4O or 4T4WW.  In the last
CQ SSB WW contest we made more than 3 million points, our high score.  We
participate in multi single category.
   We are trying to be in the next SSB ARRL contest, we hope to be there so
we can give some mults to the WWYC people :) (Just mention WWYC HIHI)
   In the club now, they are trying to fix the Satellite section, so
hopefully OA will be using tha modes.  Other antennas that we have is a V
inv Dipole for 80m, a 40m horizontal dipole and a bad in this moment 2 elem
yagi, a 6elem telrex covering 10, 15 and 20.  Alsowe have a 3 elem quad for
10m but is now down in the roof.  We have a repeater in the RadioClub also.
   Hope we can have more activity in the Reflector, best wishes.

73 de Sergio
OA4DKC
oa4dkc@hotmail.com