[WWYC] channel services on #wwyc

Fabian Kurz fk@diolog.de
Mon, 16 Dec 2002 20:30:31 +0000

Hello everybody,

after Worldirc.Org changed their channel-services system, we had to
re-register #wwyc which is now done. Everyone who wants to become an
Channel-Operator has to follow these steps:

Go to: http://services.worldirc.org/live/

Click on "If you do not have an account create one now!" to open up a
new account / username.

If you have done so, you'll receive a password via e-Mail.

Then enter in your IRC-Client:

/msg X@channels.worldirc.org login <username> <password>

X will tell you that you are logged in then.

After you have opened up an account, ask any of the existing OP's on the
channel to add you to the OP-List which is done by entering:

/msg x adduser #wwyc <username> <level>

The Level determines, which rights the OP has, I think we can give 450
to all WWYC-members ;)

After that is done, just enter

/msg x OP #wwyc <username>

in IRC....

When you're using mIRC; you can put

/msg X@channels.worldirc.org login <username> <password>
/msg x OP #wwyc <username>

into your "Perform" Text (Options -> IRC -> Perform) to make you an
Operator automatically everytime you connect.

73, Fabian dj1yfk