[WWYC] ARRL CW 9A7P(9A6XX) SOAB LP

Hrvoje Horvat hrle@ipazin.net
Tue, 19 Feb 2002 20:51:34 +0100

iPazin WebMail http://www.ipazin.net

YO people, the contest is over and here's my result:

ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: 9A7P
Operator(s): 9A6XX
Station: 9A7P

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Istra
Operating Time (hrs): 41.2

  160:      0      0
   80:     67     20
   40:    211     40
   20:    600     54
   15:    408     54
   10:    509     54
----------------------
Total:   1795    222  =  1,195,470

Club: WWYC

Comments:

TS440S/100W - 2L Quad (20m,15m,10m) + dipoles 40m,80m.

Whoa!

WWYCers were very acitve as I heard/talked to many before, during and after the contest. So here's my little review and maybe this will got some of below mentioned people to put up something on the reflector if they didnt yet. :-)

I must admit beating LZ1ABC was a challenge, but he was not on for as much as I did. Who knows what would've been if he did. Surely would be a great till the last moment battle.
I've also heard G0MTN bunch of times in the contest, I wonder what is his score as he was giving out "100".
I'm sure that this is also close battle.
Heard/talked also a lot of others; S51TA @15m, 9A6NDX first as 9A1P @10m but something got wrong so he returned home and worked from home as 9A2RD, IK3UNA SOAB HP, 9A5Y operating by 9A5AGL @10m, SM0W loud @40m (tryed to call him before contest but no response back), there were our guys 9A1CMS as M/S LP, but couldnt make team for 48hours so they did part time.
9A5K was most of the time at 9A1A for that great M/M operation while S55OO showed up only a bit. Talked to DJ1YFK before contest and he was planning on doing SOAB QRP but dunno yet how he finished. Csaba did nice job operating from HG0HQ and I wonder how close they're to 9A1A.
As I noticed DL1IAO was doing SOABHP and LY7Z (LY2TA) was doing M/2 with his father, as claimed scores showed LY7Z is again behind HG6N by only a bit which is really bad as it's already 2nd year in row.
There was some OA station active in ARRL as well, and I believe it has to do something with our WWYCer OA4DKC.
>From the american side, I wkd N4YDU, N6MJ (3 bander-too bad missing him on 40m), maybe KL9A in one of the 5 K3LR qsos,... maybe someone else hiding within M/Ss and M/Ms. Like LU9AY usually under some famous W call :-)
Also there was somewhere KO9A (ex.KB3AFT)?! Not heard anything from Jim lately on the reflector. Hmm
Where's OZ1AA? and all those SMs?! guys, spring time comming :-)))

Was nice to stay in touch to some of you via SMS :-)
We can really make contesting lot more fun and help us all to stay awake for 48hours and move furder, dont you think?!

This is it, I hope much more of you have been active and you're going to write a bit :-) we gotta make this group alive.

Cya Around,
Hrle - 9A6XX

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://lists.contesting.com/wwyc-faq.htm