[WWYC] G0MTN - ARRL CW

Lee Volante lee@g0mtn.freeserve.co.uk
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 21:07:07 -0000

Hi all,

I had a lot of fun in the contest last weekend.   I operated from my local
club station which has a triband yagi which was good fun.   I couldn't
operate overnight though and only managed 30 hours - so Hrle beats me hands
down - well done !   Next year I'll be better !

I had a blast - great conditions and great activity.   There was a problem
trying to hold a frequency from the rest of Europe - I never had any
problems from NA.   Ended up running on the high bands usually up at .100+
and kept a reasonable rate, and even managed a cluster spot or two.  Same
signal same speed 2x1 or 1x2 USA callsigns must be some of the worst to pick
out of a mini-pileup.   Noted the 10m sprawl seemed to get up to .200.

G0MTN - SOABLP - 30 hours
TS850 + 3 el triband yagi + wire
Score:  851,796

        QSO Mult
10m     578   56
15m     416   52
20m     332   49
40m      78   25
80m      28   14
160m      2    2
Total   1434   198

540 uniques, 213 on 2 bands, 93 on 3 bands, 26 on four bands, and 17 on five
bands.  (Big assumption that I got everyone's call right here of course hi.)
The two solitary beacons on 160 were VY2ZM and Jack VE1ZZ.   Next time I
hope to get as far across as Maine.

I hopefully worked Chris @ K3LR on 10m, also N4YDU and N6MJ a few times :-)

I've not posted on here for a while but have been fairly active so far this
year with some entries in RSGB UK contests, and ARRL RTTY, BARTG RTTY, REF,
UBA, PACC, CQ RTTY etc.   I may be multi-op for ARRL SSB.

Lee G0MTN.

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://lists.contesting.com/wwyc-faq.htm