[WWYC] Activity

Hrvoje Horvat hrle@ipazin.net
Fri, 25 Jan 2002 17:53:01 +0100

iPazin WebMail http://www.ipazin.net

Hey folks,

I see nobody's in mood for writting and also was waiting for someone other-then-me write before only my messages show up on this reflector.

It must be you all sending on "wrong" email.
Guys, email for this reflector is wwyc@contesting.com !!
I really hope you got the irony of these lines!

Anyway, wanted to give a brief view of my activiy in the last few months as well as plans for the upcoming contest year - or just next several months.

I was really not very active around these recent days and as Fabian said not much real contests going on, at least for europeans.

My last serious contest was CQWW which is quite behind us and now my next serious plan is ARRL CW. I still didnt choose between QRP and Low Power all bands mission.

Of course my main target is Russian DX which is already marked for 3rd weekend of March (weekend before WPX).
For this year I might be CW only as with recent years CW qsos compared to SSB where 3:1.
To our WRTC WWYCers my suggestion is to work Russian DX because it's one of the rare MIX contests with activity close even to IARU.

In the start of the year you can always find a lot of serious RTTY Contests. In just about 2 weeks you can take a part into WPX RTTY, and some of you I hope enjoyed ARRL Roundup which was earlier this month.
I know 9A5AEI worked in Roundup with call 9A7P from a very fine 9A1P location and made a new EU record in SOAB LP and he's already looking for serious effort in WPX soon.

I saw also very fine NAQP claims from our members. N6MJ as usuall and a nice KL9A effort from W7UQ.
Also heard some folks on air during recent contests N4YDU, IK3UNA ....
Guess you all read 3830 so, doesnt have to tell you the rest.
I have to give a nice compliment to KD4RWN's message on cq-contest reflector and a compliment on DL1IAO's website which is very good rated on contesting.com web rating meter.

Well that's all folks,
About RDXC... :) (yeah not over yet).. we really should start thinking on little competition?! But I hope it wont turn out like last year - fights who cheated and who did not.
If we make a competition I'm free to work MIX Low Power if we would choose this category for all folks - maybe would be the easiest to work low power (not many have big amps) and both modes (as some prefer CW and some SSB) for all.
Now would we get enuf people into this?!
C'mon guys say somethin'!!!!

Hrle - 9A6XX

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://lists.contesting.com/wwyc-faq.htm