[WWYC] OH4U (OZ1AA) in IARU

Hrvoje Horvat hrle@ipazin.net
Sat, 13 Jul 2002 21:44:13 +0200

Compliments dudes! Nice scores, I had good time here as well. The best part
was watching the scoreboard. Nice scores by our WWYC teams, N6MJ and N2NL
managed to end up in 4th place after, by my words, quite bad start. One of
our WWYCers LY2TA with LY1DS was in top 10 for whole time, jumping even to
3rd place at the moment finished on 10th place.
DL1IAO and DK3GI where constant solid and ended in 12th place.
Shall I say surprising won by DL2CC/DL6FBL, yeah of course, but they showed
the most along with N5TJ/K1TO and only few points made the difference.
Not to forget RA3AUU/RV1AW!
3 out of top 5 were US, and only 2 US teams are below 23rd place. I believe
this is because of the high tech level and SO2R operating in US while EU is
still quite behind and I know that most of those ops in the bottom are just
a good SO1R ops, used on CQing or S&P, not doing both the same time or just
single banders boys.
So this was my look at this battle. :-)
We will see after all results put together, I believe N5TJ/K1TO can win
again?

About my battle in this IARU, oh well, I was just active for about 12 hours.
Made 700 qsos, and most of them are S&P. I spend a lot of time chasing OJs,
but at the begining of the contest I had condx open to them only on 20m. On
the 1st day only 1 OJ was made outside 20m. This is because I had no
antennas for lower bands so worked qsos only on 20, 15 and 10m.
Had nice runs on 20m working mostly NAs. Condx on 20m were fantastic!
2nd day, Sunday morning was much better on 15/10m. I worked a lot of OJs but
only had 1 and a half hour of OJs on 10/15m. Too bad condx didnt stay in
that shape untill the end of the contest so I would made that 200 OJs limit.
This way I'll be happy if I have 150. At least I worked all OJ stations. I
was most impressed by OJ3T worked on all modes/bands I showed up, and that
was beside OI2HQ the only station worked on all 3 bands x 2 mode.
For me hardest one to get was OJ6N and OJ8E. But on the end I think I worked
all teams.
Well this was it, worked bunch of WWYCers, KL9A, OZ1AA at OH4U, EI/SP3CW,
NR3X, 9A5K, 9A5AGL at 9A5Y, IK3UNA, FG/DK1MM, M2Z and I believe all WWYCers
at OJs.
Heard also couple more , ... SQ4GXO for example...
While looking on DXclus one of the main spotters was ON5ZO but he never
ended up on my CQ. Oh well, better luck next time :-)

This is it! Have fun untill the end of the WRTC, ...and get ready for more
fun next weeks! IOTA, EUHFC, WAE....

Hrle - 9A6XX