[WWYC] 1st May QRP-QRP Contest - Score 9A7P (9A6XX) - QRP

Hrvoje Horvat hrle@ipazin.net
Fri, 3 May 2002 16:05:25 +0200

Woow dudes, I must say this little contest really turned to be quite =
fun.=20
I worked a total of 105 qsos and when you push yourself so much =
(otherwise forget any qso) into almost every contact you start to value =
each and every qso as well as enjoy them.

Signals were really weak (QRP 70% qso) and 40/80m were very noisy so =
that makes a really hard combination. Not recalling many signals going =
over S4-5 on my S-meter (if anyone of you have worked QRP freak DJ1YFK =
in contests, well that's the same but this time DJ1YFK was one of the =
louder boys :-) ).

With a 1:20 hour late start 86 qsos on 40m is good result but have only =
19 qsos on 80m. 80m is real suck up for me and managed to work only =
local (within 200km) qsos. Just few DLs managed to came trough with =
DJ1YFK as strongest. As DL brings like 80% of acitivity this was big =
hendicep for me. For winning this contest I believe best spot is OK =
Land. You can work DLs and south-east EU (S5/YU/9A/IK). Nothing else you =
need.

Scoring in this contest is what really made me happy as own country =
brings only 1 point and foreign country 2 points, and if a station u =
worked is QRP twice more points.=20
For me it means almost all QSOs =3D 2 points and most of the stations =
were QRP so it means 4 points, while DJ1YFK had most of the qsos =
probably 1 pointers (with other DL) and in best case it means 2 points.=20
So I guess if he wants to beat me he must have around 40 qsos more then =
me.=20

DJ1YFK... ?! comments?

40m: 86 qsos, 14 mults, 292 qso points
80m: 19 qsos, 10 mults, 61 qso point
Total: 105 qsos, 15 mults (different DXCC), 363 points
Score =3D 5295 points

Exchange: RST # / A=20
RTX: TS440S / 5W
ANTs: Dipoles