[WWYC] MJ/DL1EK with little wwyc support...

Stefan Pfeiffer stefan@nrcocos.de
Wed, 30 Oct 2002 19:06:09 -0000

Hi!

We returned from the Island of Jersey. Nice location, nice people, nice
prefix. We had fun.
With the help of endless litres of coffee, 4 FT-1000MP, some amps, 1200m
of coax and some alloy we finished with abt. 4500 QSOs and abt. 6.2M
points in M/2 section. Still too less mults, incredible how many others
can catch. Condx rather strange...no zone 1, no 31, low number of Jas,
could not get B4R...but 10m worked like sliced bread to the east coast
of US.

Special events:
- Delay of ferry from france to GJ due to storm -> 1 lost day
- One operator cancelling participation due to QRL commitments -> More
work für 6 remaining people
- One amp blown after 30 minutes of operation -> using a spare one
- During the test storm up to 160km per hour:
  - 2 small masts collapsed -> putting them up again, using bigger pegs
  - 15m beam last parts of the dipole -> Taking down, repairing, putting
up again
  - 20m beam lost parts of the boom and director -> Taking down,
repairing, putting up again
  - 40m rotary dipole on the beam lost one capacity -> Ignored
  - 10m beam nearly lost a part of the reflector -> Ignored...it
survived till the end of the contest, but it was close :-)
  - All towers more looking like bananas -> ignored
- Nice calm, sunny weather after the contest...What else!

On the journey back through france, a french truck drove into our
trailer, damaging it severely (We need a new one, not repairable) and
most likely also damaging the pulling jeep. We hope the equipment is all
OK, we still could not check everything, as the trailer has to be
transported back to Germany by a pickup-truck and is still parked in F.

Despite all this, we were satisfied and are planning to return to the
lovely island.

Vy 73 es good DX de Stefan, (MJ/)DL1ELY