[WWYC] WAE SSB

Fabian Kurz fk@diolog.de
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 14:06:16 +0100

9a5agl@9a0tcp.ampr.org schrieb:

> Hello guys...
>
> Last weekend I was operate like 9A5Y on 144MHz IARU contest and making
> 520QSOs and arround 240k....so any1 else activ on VHF ?

Hi Ved,

I have been QRV with DK0QQ/P and we worked 385 QSO's / 120k . Condx were not
very good, only an  aurora opening brought some great distances. ODX was
ES1AJ, ca. 1400 km, ca. 5 QSO's over 1000 km via AU.
This was a proof for our new amplifier (GS31 tube), which we ran at 600W only
(capable of 1kW) all the contest and it seems to be bullet-proof: the matching
line of our 20-el-array (which was built a few hours before the contest ...)
started burning, and the PA was running into higth SWR for some minutes. Vy
solid ;)
However, there was another antenna (4*17el) to continue.

I will probably not be QRV in WAE SSB...

vy 73, Fabian dj1yfk