[WWYC] Some contesting results

Mikael Larsmark sm3wmv at bredband.net
Tue Aug 19 23:49:53 EDT 2003

Hello!

I've done a lot of antenna work during the summer but I have also
had some time to operate contests. I've tried my new SO2R setup
with the new homemade SO2R box that works great (quite similar
to WX0B's).

First IARU (sent in the log too late...sorry guys)

SOAB HP MIX

429 qso's, 1189 points, 21 zones and 57 HQ stations = 92 742
points
On-time : 6 hours

-------------------------

IOTA Contest

SOAB HP MIX

365 q's on CW and 16 q's on Phone = 100 944 points. (about 70
2nd radio Q's)
On-time : 06:52 hours
-----------------------

EU HF Championship

SOAB HP CW

572 qso's (270 2nd radio) and mults?

I sent in a checklog because SO2R isnt allowed because of the 10
bandchanges / hour rule.

On-time: 09:22 hours

---------------------------

WAE CW
SOAB HP

95 q's and 52 DXCCs

Never bothered working any QTC's (trained to receive some when
other worked QTC's though). I played around a little on the bands
searching for new ones.

On-time: 03:49 hours

That was a little summer report from my side. Hopefully I will try to
do some serious efforts this contest season. Next contest is
hopefully the SAC CW.

//Mike (SM3WMV // SM3W)