[WWYC] CQ WW - Answer by K3EST: director of the contest committee

Timo Klimoff timo.klimoff at dnainternet.net
Sun Dec 7 10:28:48 EST 2003

> Guys,
>
> As the final end on the log-checking saga :  In stead of replying to some
of
> the attacks, I've sent a mail to K3EST, Director of the CQWW contest
> committee.
>
> Here under the mail with the answer :
>
> So :
>   - no call changes after the contest by log-checking
>   - no call changes after the contest by paper notes on your desk, nor by
> sound recordings
>   - but you can use log-checking to remove calls (which also reduces
> penalties).  Thus, this is not cheating,
>     nor illegal, nor ... I can't remember all the nice words...
>
> Bob's answer will be added to those who sent me a log.
>
> I hope it helped you all, and rather than immediately take up the weapons,
> it's something better to solve a problem on a constructive more reliable
> way.
>
> Have a nice end of 2003 !
>
> 73s Koen, ON4CCP.

NOT
> change it into K3EST. What you put in your log during the contest is what
> counts.
>
> 73
> Bob, K3EST

So CQWW Contest Committee accepts that I will collect all eg. CCF Contest
Logs from CQWW2003 to one database (propably 50.000-100.000 qsos) and will
analyse them and then remove all possible bad calls? Manipulating my own log
with the help of other  logs from same contest still sounds like cheating.

Of course I understand that I can remove a possible bad call from my log
_without_ any outside help.

73, Timo OH1NOA