[WWYC] Rigs

Hrvoje Horvat hrle at ipazin.net
Mon Dec 15 13:46:51 EST 2003

eham.net users rated over 100 models of radios with marks 1 to 5 and radio
that crossed 5 raters made it to the list.

I uploaded the list in table in Excell format on my website:
http://rkp.ice.hr/hrle/rigs.xls

Note that this is not only contester's rates and that some radios are rated
10 while others are rated more then 100 times.

Surprise or not Icom is in the lead on the first 4 places, and small IC706
has been rated the most. Interesting maybe to see how new Kenwood's hope
TS-480HX is very poorly rated, as well as Yaesu's FT1000MP Mk V. What is yet
more interesting you can see a lot of marks 5 or marks 1. There was not so
many marks in between so I guess people just say "good" or "not good" in
this ratings. I think it's far from real objective, and specialy quiet far
from contesting needs.

Reading the reviews for radio you are interested in is the way you should
make your own picture about specific radio - you have the links for each
radio in the excell table.

Enjoy!

Source: s5ham yahoogroups

73 de Hrle - 9A6XX