[WWYC] Logo/Shirt update

K9YO-Cedrick Johnson k9yo at cedrick.net
Wed Jun 25 13:01:51 EDT 2003

Hello-

The logos rx are pretty cool.. I'm going to extend the deadline until 1
Jul 2003 for submitting them.. Voting will be that week..

To answer a couple questions:

1) from ON5ZO:

"Just a question: the logo must be suited to print on fabric. Will it be
printed or 'embroidered'? Just to see that I don't do any fancy stuff
regarding detail and resolution...
In fact, this is a big difference with logo's to put on websites or
paper... Maybe you'll have to point that out to the jury?  ;o)"

A: This will be embroidered, not printed. So, watch the multiple color
count!! The logos submitted so far are pretty good about this. The logo
that will be used on a Web site or QSL card does not have to fit this
'embroidered' standard.

My recommendation is to design 2 logos, one that will go on the shirt,
and one that can be used as a WWYC logo on web pages/qsl cards, etc...
Like I said, many of the submissions fit both categories quite nicely.

2) Payment

A: This is something I'm still working out... I could accept a Money
Order/Cashier's Check or Paypal (I have to set my account up again
there). You guys let me know what would work best for you (International
guys especially)

Ok... Here's what I have currently for shirts/hats/polo. If I missed,
you, email me and
slap me on the head:

Minimum 12 needed in each category!!

Hats
==========================
M3PHP
K9YO

T-Shirts
==========================
N4YDU
M3PHP
DL6KAC
LZ5AZ
IZ4EFN
KE9R ??

Polos
==========================
K9YO
KE9R ??

Logo Submissions
==========================
M0GMT
9A6XX
M3PHP (2)

What may happen is we may order t-shirts first, since that's the one
we're closer to getting the minimum 12 for. As we get more interest in
the other items, I'm sure we can
put together an order at anytime.

Any questions or LOGO SUBMISSIONS (please??!!?!?!) email
wwyc-logo at cedrick.net or reply to this email...

-fred, k9yo