[WWYC] CQWW SSB MJ2Z(M5RIC) SOSB/15 HP

Richard, M5RIC m5ric at talk21.com
Tue Oct 28 22:57:38 EST 2003

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: MJ2Z
Operator(s): M5RIC
Station: MJ2Z

Class: SOSB/15 HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15: 1340    24       93
   10:
------------------------------
Total: 1340    24       93  Total Score = 292,734

Club:

Comments:

Last minute plans meant I ended up doing SOSB15M instead of SOAB, sorry to those
who thought I was doing AB and asked me to move.

Started off good on Saturday morning with a nice run to EU before it opened to
NA in the afternoon. Finished early on Saturday due to feeling unwell, I headed
back to the hotel for some rest hoping to feel better on Sunday.

Back on Sunday morning feeling a bit better but the band was packed from an
early stage. Getting a frequency in ther afternoon after doing some S+P was very
hard, it seemed everyone was on the band at the same time.

Didn't work much from the pacific or africa - hence lack of zones. Heard 5I3A a
few times calling other stations but not CQing himself. Late on Sunday evening a
few SA stations calling - OA, ZP, CX5 etc(all news one's), but they couldn't
hear me so I missed out on some what should have been easy DXCC's.

Last QSO was @ 20:40 so not too bad considering it had been dark for about 2
hours.

Lots of DX around, nice to be thanked for a new one by some more rarer stations
too!

Thanks to all that called, story and pictures will be on www.qsl.net/m5ric
soon.

73

Richard, M5RIC / MJ2Z

Equipment:

FT-1000MP MKV
A3S @ 40ft
Acom 1000 Amp
Writelog 10.42C - performed great all weekend(as always).