[WWYC] WWYC Newsletter reviewed es Sprint Teams!

ke9r at ke9r.com ke9r at ke9r.com
Wed Sep 3 11:38:44 EDT 2003

Those of you who talk to me on IRC (#wwyc @ irc.radiochat.org GO THERE!)
probably realize I've been completely overwhelmed with school, with girls,
with life, and with everything else happening. This has kind of lagged me
in a lot of senses in regard to radio.

Do have two important things to say though.

First, -wonderful- job on the newsletter guys! Hrle & Fab! We all really
appreciate all the work you throw into it. I apologize for not being able
to edit the content up anymore then I did, but you did an amazing job with
it. Again, congrats, and thank you. Have printed it out and am mailing it
to those who request a certificate for working all of our team. So far
have one request. KA1DWX is a terribly nice guy, included $5 to cover the
costs.

Secondly,

			!! NA SPRINT TEAMS !!

Our main drive is for a NA Phone team, 10 members, 4 hours, mayhem,
destruction, fun, fun, fun. I will throw together a CW sprint team
if there is any interest. However, it's a vicious contest to start
CW on so I'm not really trying to motivate first time CW ops to do it.
My CW drops out around 25-30wpm and CW Sprint makes me feel like I'm
in diapers. That's honesty, smile.

But, hm, we are really going to try for NA Sprint Phone. Not this weekend
but next. So far I think we have AF4QZ, KU5B, KE9R, K3ASK, KB1IPK ?,
K3OOO ?, LU1FAM ?, N9YM ?, KL9A ?. We need everyone! Team competition
makes this so much more fun, so much more enjoyable, and we don't care
what your score is. We will win with style and youth, not with raw score
and towering stations.

If you have no idea what sprint is email me, I'd be happy to introduce
you, help you, walk you through it. It's basically a 4 hour contest on
Saturday evening on 20/40/80 that is quick, you QSY after every contact
so that big stations don't hold down frequencies. You play around with
a lot of local guys. Mults are fun, rates are fun, and you honestly will
be smashed down by the big boys, but that's entirely okay! We are here
for us, not for them.

So email me if you're interested or catch me on IRC.

Remember, radio is fun -- we are making it so. If you're getting burnt
out or think it's for the old guys, grab a hold, and we'll show you what
it's really about.

73 Greg/KE9R
ke9r.com