[WWYC] IRC Connection

IZ4EFN Alessio iz4efn at libero.it
Fri Apr 9 14:38:14 EDT 2004

> You can write its address or ip so we can try to access it.
>
> Grazzie Alessio.
> Forse arivi sulla fierra in Pordenone 1 maggio?

Will answer to the Marko's message, a bit late!

The lookup ident is a known matter on IRC...because many servers set their
hostname lookup for "security purpose" but some user does not have an
identity associated to the IP address.

Does your mobile company assign you a private or pubblic address? If you
don't know the difference just send me the ip you receive on connection, and
(if you also get it) your company's gateway you are using.
This would help a little to find how you are seen on the internet.

Anyway I will tell you the information to use the worldwide conversation
system as you ask.

You can access my server at:

195.43.189.178 port 3600

If you will use a telnet client to connect (I suggest putty) you will have
to set the option "implicit CR after every LF). This because telnet
connection are usually coming from the AX25 packet radio connection, and
this matter does not exist.
If you use this interface, commands are usual IRC commands: /leave, /join
CHAN_NUMBER, /list to have the channel list.
At login type /n MYCALL to enter.

Anyway I believe you will connect from an IRC Client...just set the ip ant
port number as I provided earlier (the port is 3600, NOT 6667 as IRC
default...)

In this IRC way, no more words needed!

Now...which channel??
Here channel are numbered....what best of 59????

Channel 59 has already WWYC topic on the network!

Remember that on this network, people usually connect via radio, sometimes
with slow connection.
If someone ask for informations, remember ham spirit and leave him the time
to type!

Comments welcome guys.
Will work soon on a crossconnect between the wwyc channel on radiochat
server and 59 (or whatelse we decide) on the wwconvers network, if no one
disagrees.

Happy chattin'!

Alessio IZ4EFN