[WWYC] IRC Connection problems

IZ4EFN Alessio iz4efn at libero.it
Tue Apr 6 13:47:01 EDT 2004

> It seems that I can't go to IRC via my corp. gprs connection (port
> presumably closed). I heard/read somewhere that is possible to embed the
irc
> connection into http somehow to get it through. Any experience with such a
> config?

Strange, I own a IRC Server under Linux, and GPRS connection is sure.
Evenif you are under a NAT (your provider does not assigne to your terminal
a unique pubblic IP address) you should be able to connect the 6667 port or
whatelse!

Anyway the IRC Server I manage is under a Mbit connection, and it's
connected to the worldwide ham conversation system.
This is quite cool because you can anter the chat also in AX25 packet, using
une of the (more or less) 150 gateway worldwide, and it's linked to many
other ham radio channel topic.

My IRC server is seriously open for WWYC use if needed, just a matter of
configuration.

As I told some time ago, I can also provide full HTTP servicies (with
whatever language/script support you want) for free.
The servers are under a Mbit connection, static generator and power
generator.

Just le me know if this could help, sooner or later, wwyc.

Alessio IZ4EFN (IO4T)