[WWYC] New WWYC POOL

Simon Pearson m0clw at ftml.net
Fri Dec 10 05:50:35 EST 2004

Lods,

> Is WWYC ready for its own QSO Party?

It depends how the QSO Party is run:

1. If the QSO Party was run alongside another contest (and so use
the same exchange etc) then that would be great. I would
definitely be up for that. Plenty of activity and your logs can
be sent for both the "WWYC QSO Party" and the major contest it is
running within.

2. If we had our own contest which would NOT run alongside
another [major] contest then I don't think there'd be enough
activity (and the rate meter would be below 60 QSO/hr..:-))).

So, in my opinion, WWYC *is* definitely ready for its own QSO
Party but _only_ if it is run alongside/within another major
contest. For example, EU Sprint (where all stations and
continents can compete, although DX stations can only work
Europeans).

Simon Pearson
/// M 0 C L W