[WWYC] WWYC Ham Radio Booth

Stefan Pfeiffer stefan at nrcocos.de
Mon Feb 9 00:33:03 EST 2004

Hi!

Tobi, DH1TW, brought up the idea of having an own booth on the Ham Radio
fair this year in friedrichshafen at Lake Konstanz. Our member count is
quickly approaching the 400, so that we are bigger as RRDXA and BCC (i
believe). On the fair we could show what we do for supporting youth
activities in radio sports.

It looks like as if we could get some financial support from BCC if we
can convince them with a good concept.

For the very start, we need IDEAS...Good ideas, innovative ideas,
somewhat crazy ideas:
- What do we want to show on the booth?
- How do we want to show it?
- How can we address other juveniles that are into contesting, but have
not heard of us before?
- How can we make sure we really attract the attention of young
_CONTESTERS_?
- How can we convince OFs that we are doing something good for the
future of Ham Radio, and that we deserve support in any form?

Please post your ideas on how to decorate the booth, what things to
show, what information to distribute to this list, or send them to me
personally (dl1ely at dl1ely.de).  We need a _GOOD_ concept to impress the
responsible person of the BCC to support us. Please support WWYC by
donating your fresh ideas.

After that first stage, we need a group of approx. 6 _active_ (IRC,
Mail, ICQ...) people that do some preparations...organizing
advertisement material, things to exhibit...

Finally, we need a group of people that feel themselfes responsible for
organizing and managing the booth on the fair itself.

For all 3 stages, Tobi and myself are already on the list, but we need
more contributors. For the second stage of organizing, i thought of
setting up a separate mailing list to keep the QRM here low.

Please do not hesitate to send in ideas or your willingness to organize
the booth or even keep it running during the fair. Certainly no one has
to stay at the booth the whole time, but we need people who take over
shifts.

That is a possibility to bring WWYC a step forward and more into the
eyes of the ham radio world. We should not let it go away unused.

Thank you,
Vy 73 es 55 de Stefan, DL1ELY