[WWYC] ARRLDX SSB M4A(@G6UW) M/2 HP

Dominic Smith dom at domsmith.co.uk
Mon Mar 8 20:32:57 EST 2004

[M0BBB & M0BLF WWYC members]

ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: M4A
Operator(s): G0WAT, G3ZAY, G4AXX, G4EAG, G4JVG, G4KNO, M0BBB, M0BLF, M0TDG
Station: G6UW

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: Cambridge, UK JO02af
Operating Time (hrs): 47

  160:    9     7
   80:  224    37
   40:  454    49
   20:  746    59
   15:  556    56
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total: 1989   208  Total Score = 1,241,136

Club: Cambridge University Wireless Society & Granta Contest Group

Comments:

The first joint effort in this contest from the Cambridge University
Wireless
Society (G6UW / M4A) and the Granta Contest Group (M0CAM / M4R).

It was good fun, but conditions were poor.  The worst hour (11 QSOs!) was in
the
first hour of the contest, but fortunately things did pick up at times,
especially once we were on the cluster (thanks to everyone who spotted us).
20M
and 15M performed well when they were open.  40M was much better on the
second
night than on the first, and 80M performed steadily during darkness hours.
We
need better antennas on 160M for future years, especially if 10M stays this
dead
(0 QSOs) for a while.  Not a bad first effort though.

Personally, as a young op, it was a great insight to listen to operators
with
many more years experience, chiefly using our equipment, so thanks to the
Granta
Contest Group for coming to show us how it is done.

Congratulations and thanks to the other stations for a good contest,
particularly from M0BBB and myself (M0BLF) to the other WWYCers out there.

http://www.hornucopia.com/3830score/

Postal address: Girton College, Cambridge, CB3 0JG, England
My website: www.domsmith.co.uk.
Unless stated otherwise in the body of this message, all emails from me may
be freely forwarded.