[WWYC] Young Contesters Make Your Dream Come True!

Lee Volante lee at g0mtn.freeserve.co.uk
Fri Jan 6 15:31:33 EST 2006

Hi all,

I've just been sent the below note to pass on to you all, similar to the message Hrle sent just before New Year, but containing some contact details for anyone interested.  Have many of our under 22 year olds now applied ?!?  Time is running out.  To show WWYC's enthusiasm and thanks for this sponsorship gesture, I think it's very important that a lot of applications are submitted.  If only a few are received, it could send a message that we don't like / need sponsorship, for WRTC or any other events, which I'm sure isn't true.

73 and a belated Happy New Year from me,

Lee G0MTN

Subject: Young Contesters Make Your Dream Come True!

-  Travel to the World Radiosport Team Championships in Brazil  -

Young Contesters make your dreams come true! Travel to the World
Radiosport Team Championships (WRTC) in Brazil next July.

The organizers of WRTC - 2006 with generous financial support from the
Yasme Foundation, Inc. (www.yasme.org) are seeking Young Contesters to
join the World Champs to compete, learn and enjoy the Amateur Radio
competition to be held in Florianopolis, Brazil in July 2006.

The application form at www.wrtc2006.com can be used as a guideline to
list those occasions on which you have been involved with contest
operating. If you are a member of a contest-oriented club, please ask
two of their senior members to act as your reference and to explain the
basis for your desire to join us. If you are under 22 years of age and
are interested in competing as a team captain, please apply immediately
and indicate your willingness to bring your own equipment to Brazil.
Other youth up to 30 years of age can apply for operating slot for one
of the fifteen (15) international multi-single teams.

Thomas Carlsson, PY2ZXU [thomascarl at gmail.com] and Cesar Rodrigues,
PY2YP [py2yp at py2yp.ws] are available to help you with your applications.
You should notify them before January 20, 2006 if you are interested in
participating.

 73,

Atilano Oms, PY5EG         Wayne Mills, N7NG
WRTC-2006                       Yasme Foundation