[WWYC] VHF Contest this weekend

Fabian Kurz lists at telegraphy.de
Mon Jul 3 05:34:46 EDT 2006

On Mon, Jul 03, 2006 at 09:07:24AM +0100, Gerard Lynch wrote:
> That was good fun for us - we worked DM7A at a bit over 800km on 1.3 GHz
> with signals so strong, we could have made the QSO on SSB easily.  Actually,
> we probably could have done it on FM.  Maybe even ATV!
>
> I'm pretty sure it was DJ1YFK at the other end for a great two-way lid QSO.

Yep, it was me. Nice score from you. We made about 180 QSOs on 23cm,
49.5k points. Of course our km/QSO average is somewhat lower, too
many locals ;-) We worked 3 Gs (G0VHF/P, G5LK/p and of course
G3XDY), a test with G4EAT wasn't successful and we never could get
the attention of G3SDC/p. Other nice DX included IQ1KW, I4LCK/4,
SK7ECM. G3XDY was the ODX with 837km.

Contest report, pictures and results (more pictures and details will
follow):
http://dl0tud.tu-dresden.de/dm7a/results/06jul.html

We also recorded most of the contest and it's now available as a
870MB MP3-file. I will cut out the best DX QSOs and put them on the
website later, probably after WRTC.

On 23cm no other WWYCers worked, I think, but I saw DD2SMA, DC1RJJ,
DK5TX and probably a few others in the logs on other bands.

Fabian Kurz, DJ1YFK * Dresden, Germany * http://fkurz.net/
Online log: http://dl0tud.tu-dresden.de/~dj1yfk/log.html