[WWYC] meeting

Fabian Kurz lists at telegraphy.de
Tue Jun 27 17:01:47 EDT 2006

On Tue, Jun 27, 2006 at 12:07:25AM +0200, Stein Roar Brobakken & LA6FJA/KI4KJP wrote:
> LA6FJA Rag here...
>
> I am planning to go from Norway to Germany,Berlin, August 4 to pick up
> SQ5BPM and Donata's sister Kate.
                             ^^^^^ reportedly SQ5NBQ, but never heard ;-)

> They plans to use the railway to Berlin, we dont know the city...can anyone
> in DL land on this list give me tips ?

I suppose they will be either on the train from Frankfurt/Oder or on
the Eurocity via Dresden, both will stop at most of the Stations in
Berlin.

> 2nd. Are there anyone which know or recommend a good cheap place to stopover
> there for a few hours?

Not in Berlin, but anbother 2 more hours (or even less) on the
Autobahn, and you're in Dresden. I am always open for guests; after
WWYC Meeting in Poland I hosted the whole 9A-Team and OH-Team (one
person, but the volume of two :) here, and there was still place for
more :-)

> Or is there any German team which plan to go? Maybe we could meet at evening
> at august 4 to make correspodence?

I hate to say it, but at the moment it doesn't look very good for me,
since I will most likely have an exam on Friday, 11. August (pew,
not 13rd!).
You can be sure that I will do everything possible to attent the
meeting, probably ending up on a flight to YU on Friday
afternoon/evening. Won't be very cheap, but it's worth it.
After that I will have 2 months of holidays, of which I think I
should spend a while on the balkans...

Fabian Kurz, DJ1YFK * Dresden, Germany * http://fkurz.net/
Online log: http://dl0tud.tu-dresden.de/~dj1yfk/log.html