[WWYC] IARU

Fabian Kurz lists at telegraphy.de
Mon Jul 16 07:20:26 EDT 2007

On Fri, Jul 13, 2007 at 06:36:03PM +0200, Franki ON5ZO wrote:
> I'd like to hit 2k QSO in 24hr once, I got stuck at 1750 in RDXC but I lost
> op time due to #|@#§|#   WX.

Congrats, looks like you did!

Lots of WWYC activity in this contest, and although I was not
extremely serious (QRP in HP category, took some breaks, to prepare
and do the 'DA0HQ sprint', quit early etc.), I ended up with 1750 raw
QSOs. Not too bad!

I wonder if anyone else encountered the mysterious 'MACRO36' caller?
On Saturday afternoon on 20m, I had a nice run on 14001 and over a
period of at least 30 minutes, I was called by 'MACRO36'. He would
sometimes stop, then I hrd him calling stations above and below, but
then came back to me. I tried to tell him that he is sending
'MACRO36' instead of the actual macro, but apparently his CW decoder
didn't get that. He was showing typical symptoms of those lids using a
CW decoder, like sending whenever being not supposed to be etc.

WAFL.

Fabian Kurz, DJ1YFK * Dresden, Germany * http://fkurz.net/