[WWYC] IARU 2007 - post mortem

Tomek SQ6TQM (ex SQ3TQM) sq3tqm at o2.pl
Mon Jul 16 16:38:36 EDT 2007

Hi lids!

This year my contest was a full blown one... preparataion,
preparation, booom + smoke :-/

After 1st qso I've lost my laptop's power supply and 30Amp for the
radio - both at the same time. Looks like our power generator had
serious instability... after all it was showing even up to 500V :-(

Well - said that, I did a small checklog and that's what I'll submit
anyway. Anyway that was a nice experiment - when we ditched the
generator we went back to 2 225Ah batteries taken out of a lorry :)

Hirek SP6ML had 12V laptop PS so he had no problems, I had just my 5h
on batteries so my opearting time was around 6hrs only. We had a good
lesson - including setting up a tent (whoever wrote that leaflet
called 'manual' should be shot on sight), burning some kit, testing
antennas in a field setup, playing with spiders, etc :)

Anyway that was a fun start for me... not for a result.

WWYC'ers met: SP1DID (only)

--
Vy 73!
Tomek SQ6TQM <tm at sq6tqm.info>       http://www.sq6tqm.info/