[WWYC] Fwd: New Kind of Competition

Fabian Kurz lists at telegraphy.de
Thu Nov 1 14:05:06 EST 2007

----- Forwarded message from Martti Laine  -----

Dear WWYCer,

Contesters in the Far North have established a new contesting team

(OH8X) aiming to do the impossible - break the European records from the Far
North and elevate contesting to a new heights. But the scope of the activity
is far-reaching also in terms of trying to catch an eye of the best in the
ranks of young people in the spirit of competitive activities involving
today's youth.

We are here to seek your opinion on the proposed four (4) logo alternatives
of which one will be used as part of brand building for this new team.

Here is the script we have used:

The team is very target oriented and operates on young people's terms. The
project/brand should attract young people on the basis of their involvement
in active life through other competing pursuits. The new team wants to
achieve something that has not been done before and promotes that same
spirit among the youth through OH8X image.

All four alternative logo types come from different artistic perspectives,
and we are now asking you to VOTE FOR YOUR CHOICE and give your reasons for
it. We would like to emphasize that on two alternative name options "Arcala
Ultimates" can be changed to "Arcala Exremes". We are seeking your opinion
only on the logo visual.

Your opinions as a group of young contesters are important to us.

Those who participate and email their vote before November 05 will be
eligible for the drawing of five (5) high-quality pike shirts with the
selected logo type.

Good luck in this "contest" as well as in the CQWW!

Martti Laine, OH2BH

PS: Please send your vote with your reasoning to Toni, OH2UA (oh2ua at sral
dot fi)

1.
2.
3.
4.

----- End forwarded message -----

The attachment probably doesn't make it over the reflector, the 4
logos can be seen at the following URL:

http://dl0tud.tu-dresden.de/~dj1yfk/oh8x/

Fabian Kurz, DJ1YFK * Dresden, Germany * http://fkurz.net/