[WWYC] 9ACW Contest DJ1YFK SOAB LP

Fabian Kurz mail at fkurz.net
Mon Dec 21 04:07:01 PST 2009

My results from 9ACW below. Low power can be more fun than I
previously thought, but don't be afraid: I'm not going to repeat the
mistakes of my youth and become a QRPer again!

Nice score Mike, but I wonder how it would have been without the two
hours of offtime you had.

We should fight this one next year again :-)

Congrats also to 9A1UN for a great HP score and thanks to all the
WWYCers in the log!

>From 3830:

                    Croatian CW Contest

Call: DJ1YFK
Operator(s): DJ1YFK
Station: DJ6ZM

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: nr Munich
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:   76    32
   80:  353    46
   40:  333    58
   20:  255    54
   15:   62    20
   10:    4     4
-------------------
Total: 1083   214  Total Score = 698,710

Club: Worldwide Young Contesters

Comments:

FT2000 (100W); OB804020 @ 35m, OB17-4 @ 25m, OB9-5 @ 20m, INV-L (160m)
(see http://dl0tud.tu-dresden.de/~dj1yfk/zm/20091207a.jpg )

Yet another great contest from DJ6ZM's super station (aka DL1A)!

It's been a while since I operated a contest seriously with low power,
and I never did it with an antenna farm like this. I had to reassure
myself a couple of times that the PA was actually switched off. Great
runs, especially on 40/80m. And lots of OPs with good ears!

SO1R only; feels like I missed a lot of "easy" mults and didn't move
anyone, but in the end the number of multipliers seems to be OK. The
figures include a few stations which didn't take part in the contest
that I logged with "000" (unless they were kind enough to give me a
number); we'll see how this will be treated in log checking.

Thanks for all the QSOs and see you in the next one.

Fabian, DJ1YFK

--
Fabian Kurz, DJ1YFK * Munich, Germany * http://fkurz.net/      .---.
          Learn CW Online: http://lcwo.net/                   |  |  |