[WWYC] CQWW DX CW

Mikael Larsmark mike at sm3wmv.com
Tue Nov 24 02:27:35 PST 2009

Hello all!

Low activity here so I thought I'd post my plans for CQWW CW and hope
that others follow.

We did a lot of work this weekend at the station to get ready for the
contest. However we haven't gotten any 40m yagi up yet so we will be
limited with just a 1/4 vertical on 40m. Otherwise we managed to get the
lower 6el mono for 15m up so at least we have decent antennas on all
bands except 40m. I also finished up so we can rotate the 60m tower so
now we don't need to run outside to do that like in CQWW SSB :-)

Me, SM2LIY, SM3JLA and SE2T will be operating M/S as SJ2W. We will have
one radio only dedicated for 160m (since we have a monoband amp there),
one mult station and one run station.

Station right now
-----------------
160m: 37m high vertical
  80m: 4-SQ
  40m: Vert
  20m: 6el mono + 3el mono
  15m: 6el mono
  10m: 6/6el mono

160m: FT1K + 4-1000A amp
  Run: FT2000 + Granger 1kW amp
Mult: IC-7400 + ACOM 1000

We will see if there will be more antenna lifts this season or if we
will wait until the spring. We might lift the next 20m yagi up the tower
since it's assembled and pretty much ready to go, we just need good
weather for a day. Motivation is starting to run out though, as winter
comes and everything is wet from the snow. It's nicer to sit inside and
work on the lowbands...

What plans do you guys have?

Mike, SM2WMV (SJ2W)
http://www.sj2w.se