[Yaesu] FT-1000MP bug reports

PChristensen@Continental.com PChristensen@Continental.com
Tue, 24 Dec 1996 10:51:25 -0500

>> I would like to suggest to everyone who is discovering bugs with
>their MP's to please  make sure that you notify Yaesu about them.  I think
>it's important for them to know how many of us are dissatisfied with one
>thing or another so that they will address the situation instead of just
>letting things slide.

I only have two complaints with my FT-1000MP:

1) The backlit display is not dark enough to hide unused functions,
regardless of the display intensity setting.  Keeping it in the dim
setting seems to help a bit.

2) The manual I.F. notch filter's notch depth changes *considerably* as
the unit warms up.  Chip Margelli confirmed this, and to date I do not
believe Yaesu has addressed a fix for it.  Fortunately, there is a
single small hole on the bottom left front cabinet to allow for
adjusting the notch depth.  However, it's having to stick a screwdriver
in the rig every 30 minutes or so is not my idea of fun.  In this
regard, I believe the FT-1000D's notch filter is superior.  Anyone else
notice this effect?

-Paul, W9AC

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/yaesufaq.html