[Yaesu] New Warranty Policy

Wild Bill Marcus webmaster@mbcc.net
Thu, 06 Feb 1997 07:54:09 -0500

>Please, tell me, how do you rate your ic-2710. I am thinking of buying
>one myself, but i need some opinions. I would be very happy to hear
>anything you DON'T LIKE about it. Every manufacturer speaks of it's
>radio in superlatives, I can read that anywhere. But, what about some
>things against it? From the real users.
>
>Thanks
>
>Zoran
>yt1zkb
Zoran,
Our High School Club bought it's predescessor the 2700. It's a great rig,
and I expect the newer model is even better. The only things I didn't like,
were having to controll the radio from the mic (there's only minimal
controls from the radio head), and it's recieve isn't as hot as some other
rigs. The AM is pretty dull, and going through a major city it tends to pick
up some intermod. On the up-side, it works great for packet (much better
then my Ft-8100), excelent remote control from a HT, and seperate controls
(volume, squelch, and tuning) for each band. All in all the 2700 is a great
rig, I hope the 2710 works out to be as nice for you.
Bill Marcus, N3WNC
Wild Bill Marcus, webmaster@mbcc.net
or wildbill@qsl.net
Check out Myrtle Beach Communtiy Church On-Line!
http://www.mbcc.net