[Yaesu] FT101EE & other pre-modern radios.

Donald Rasmussen drasmussen@eosintl.com
Wed, 5 Feb 1997 15:45:40 -0800

Steve Fletcher wrote:

> Hi Don,
>
> Read you last e-mail with a big smile on my face... but you did cut
> right to the bone with the MP remark.

I don't generally ever show preferance, I'm just smarting from having bought
a new transceiver and not liking it. I'm sure that this has <never> happened
to anyone else. <g> If it's new it should be better!

> Don, May I make a recomendation? If you plan on keeping the 101... you
> need to call/write Yaesu and get the Owners-Operating manual and if you
> plan on doing any work on the unit yourself... purchase the Mainetnance
> Service Manual FT-101 series. Yaesu still prints both.

Thats a big help. I'll have the operating manual, but missed out on a
service manual from my last used gear connection. It'll be nice having a new
one!

I'm also very excited about receiving my "new" FT101 transceiver, Cw Filter,
and Landliner, all for price of a new tuner. Is this a great country or what!!?

73's,
Don Rasmussen WB8YQJ/6

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/yaesufaq.html