[Yaesu] FT-757 Drift Question

Mary-Frances R. Bartels ki0dz@juno.com
Sat, 1 Nov 1997 16:35:08 MST

Hello,
   I don't do much HF so, though I've used an FT-757 (okay, mostly as an
AM broadcast receiver) for several months, I didn't know I had a drift
problem.  I have used it extensively as an IF for 6M transverting and
thought the drift was  a problem of the transverter.  During last weekend
when we had our blizzard I used the 757 as part of our ARES effort with
the storm and discovered that it drifts as much as 1 kHz (and rarely as
much as 1.5 kHz) on both receive and transmit.  This can be quite
frustrating.  I've also heard from a guy who repairs radios that this rig
can be very difficult to align.  The drifting occurs on both VFOs and it
doesn't matter if the rig is cold or warmed up.  The rig is always run
off of deep cycle batteries (I do not own a power supply) and the voltage
last weekend was about 12.5 and rather steady (I have 600 amp-hours worth
of storage).
   Any suggestions, info, testimonies?  Thanks.
                                                          73,
                                                          Mary-Frances

Mary-Frances R. Bartels  KI0DZ DM79lt  Denver CO  (((#)))   ^     ^
http://www.qsl.net/ki0dz  ki0dz@juno.com             |       ^ - ^
Watkins products Rep. #92389                      -------    (o o)
***Let US scan your photos and documents!***      |ooOoo|  >{  |  }<
http://www.freeyellow.com/members/beyond-infinity -------         RRR)*