[Yaesu] FT8100R Mars and CrossBand Repear Mods

WD8ARZ wd8arz@null.net
Fri, 14 Nov 1997 08:35:27 -0500

Hello Adam, no I do not have the mod information. So far I have only heard
of it being available in a mod book, and in fax form. I do not have either
but looking forward to someone posting that information to the reflectors.
I understand one person got it via fax from Yaesu. I will dig into this
more as  I can, and will have someone post the info, or I will acquire it
and post it in the next few days. I understand that also includes a mod for
the crossband repeat audio problem in some of the FT8100R units.

73 from Bill Stamps - WD8ARZ
E-Mail Reply to:
wd8arz@null.net

----------
> From: Adam Maurer <vk3alm@c031.aone.net.au>
> To: 'WD8ARZ' <wd8arz@null.net>
> Subject: RE: [Yaesu] Fw: ADMS 2d software for the 8100! (got it today!)
> Date: Friday, November 14, 1997 4:33 AM
>
> Hi Bill
>
> I'm looking at buying an FT-8100 when they become available here (in a
few weeks).

> Have you modified yours for wide band TX?
> Can this be done by fooling around with the ADMS package???
>
> I have a need to TX up to 478MHz, as we have a CB band 476.425-477.400
here in VK
> and it's handy to have to talk to other 4WDers.
>
> Hope you can help.
>
> Cheers,
> Adam
>

> Adam Maurer, VK3ALM
> Melbourne QF22oa
> UKSMG #843
>
> ICQ UIN: 3120671
>
> UKSMG VK Country Manager
> All enquiries welcome!
>
> AH: +613-9794-7873
> BH: +613-9877-9876
> Fax: +613-9877-9887

hi
> hi
>
> I am also looking for the right contact with in Yaesu to get a design
> problem fixed on my FT8100R that I bought this summer. The crossbanding
> stinks! Poor distorted audio one way, and very very low audio the other
> way. Anyone with a informed source to help with that with in Yaesu??
Phone
> line waits are long, and email has failed......
>
> Eventually I am looking for ways to convert memory files between the
IC-R10