[Yaesu] QSK/FT-990

Jim Parsons k5rov@worldnet.att.net
Fri, 28 Nov 1997 16:27:16 -0600

Can someone who has an FT-990 tell me about its performance using CW QSK? I
had an FT-1000 that had acceptable performance, but not great. I have an
FT-890 that is really unuseable on QSK. I am thinking of buying a used
FT-990, if I find one at a good price, but I sure would like to know how it
performs on QSK. Does it clip the outgoing signal? Can you hear between
dots at 25 WPM and faster?

Thanks for the help, 73 and God bless...

Jim, K5ROV

James (Jim), Parsons, K5ROV USAF, Ret.
k5rov@worldnet.att.net   QCWA, NWQRP, Fists, ARRL
EX: W1RLA, K5FBB, K4FEO, SV0WN (CRETE), SV0WN (RHODES),
DL4NC, DL4JP, KA2FC (JAPAN), KA2JP (JAPAN).
JOHN 3:16