[Yaesu] FS: Yaesu FT-1000

James Parsons k5rov@worldnet.att.net
Wed, 08 Oct 1997 22:20:07 -0500

I have a one owner Yaesu FT-1000 for sale. I bought this new, and placed
it in position, and it has been there ever since. It is spotless, except
for one slight smudge on the right side, where an adjacent piece of
equipment rubbed against it. This is the plain FT-1000. When I bought
it, I decided I would add to it as needed. However, I never found any
reason to add any accessories to it. It has a 2.4K, 2.0K, 500 Hz, and
250 Hz filter in it. Those, with the Width control, I.F. Shift, and APF
and notch controls, were more than I needed. I am a non-smoker, and the
equipment is like new, with manual, and original packing. This equipment
has been used only on 230 volts, to ensure good voltage regulation. It
can easily be changed back to 117 volts. The AC plug is the original, as
I don't like to make any modifications to a fine piece of equipment such
as this.

I am selling this equipment because, at 70 years of age, and after 57
years of hamming, I find that the only operating I do now is on 40/30
meter CW, strictly rag-chewing. This is too much of a rig for that kind
of operating, and should be in the hands of a serious DXer, or
contester.

If you live within driving distance of San Angelo, Texas, you can come
and operate it and put it through its paces. I will ship it, but only
after receiving payment for it. I am selling it for 2000 dollars. If it
does not sell for this price, I will keep it as a very pretty second
rig, and use my little Ten-Tec Corsair-2 for my rag-chewing.

73,

Jim, K5ROV

--

James (Jim), Parsons, K5ROV USAF, Ret.