[Yaesu] DVS-2 Monitor Level

Dave Malley dmalley@pipeline.com
Tue, 28 Oct 1997 03:16:57 -0500

HI gang,

I'm not sure if this is the proper way to add to this thread, so perhaps
someone (not everyone) will set me straight if necessary.  Morel's
previously published note about the factory mod worked quite well for my MP
and eliminated the DVS-2's overdriven audio.  Now I can stand to listen to
it throughout a contest.

HOWEVER, do not take the degree of difficulty comments lightly.   Cutting
the traces is easy enough, but the space between some of the surface mount
components is too tight for even a narrow tip soldering iron to get in
there.  It helps to remove one or two elect. caps, though.  I'm glad I did
it, but I wouldn't do another inspite of fifteen years of homebrewing.

Best of luck & 73,

Dave, K1NYK
dmalley@pipeline.com