[Yaesu] FT2400H Squelch Logic Troubleshooting

Duane Calvin dacalvin@us.ibm.com
Fri, 3 Apr 1998 10:00:08 -0500

My very reliable FT2400H has developed a squelch problem.  It is locked up
tight (all resets tried) such that once the squelch closes, it cannot be
reopened except by one method.  That method is to back off the squelch control
fully, then key the T/R switch.  I've traced the logic back to an "audio mute"
line coming from the processor.  Does anyone know the logic preceeding the
processor, or, alternatively, does anyone know if the service manual is useful
in tracing a problem like this?  Even better, has anyone chased this bug before
and found a solution?  I'd sure like to get the rig fully operational again.

 73 & thanks in advance,
  Duane       AC5AA

Duane A. Calvin
EMI Quality Engineer