[Yaesu] FT-847 / CAT / FAN / poor action from Yaesu

billybobfisher@juno.com billybobfisher@juno.com
Tue, 18 Aug 1998 16:13:10 -0300

I have had quite a different experience in dealing with Yaesu !!! I
e-mailed Yaesu on a Wed about 7pm & got a response the very next
morning....They  have provided me with excellent customer service so
far...I plan to send my FT-847 to  Yaesu after the Sept VHF contest...to
have the CAT mod, & the volume mod done...I went to their web site &
emailed it from there...maybe that will help...I'm sure they will let you
return your rig to them...* have the mods done too....
Dont know about the fan mod...my early model doesnt seem to have a
problem....

Bill Fisher / W4GRW
billybobfisher@juno.com
Cat Square, NC....EM95

On Tue, 18 Aug 1998 11:29:02 -0600 "SSC" <ssc@andor.net> writes:

>Just new to the group
>
>Any new info on the fan problem and the "lack of ability" to control
>the
>radio via the CAT interface.  I have send Three notes to Yeasu with
>little
>response.  Just the what you bought is what you get reaction and one
>Yeasu in Japan which responded by stating that it would send it to the
>North
>American office..
>
>What have been your reactions?.
>

>Mitch
>mitch@narc.net
>

>--
>FAQ on WWW:               http://www.qsl.net/k7on/yaesu.html
>Submissions:              yaesu@contesting.com
>Administrative requests:  yaesu-REQUEST@contesting.com
>Problems:                 owner-yaesu@contesting.com

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]