[Yaesu] FT-890 Question(s)

John "Chris" Wren jcwren@atlanta.com
Wed, 14 Jan 1998 14:24:18 GMT

Hello all.

	I've had a FT-890/AT for some time.  I've recently traded a
Icom 706 for a FT-890/AT, FP-800 and a Kenwood TM-733A (also got a
Heil footswitch and boom mike.  Not a bad trade!).

	The FT-890/AT has the full transmit mod, which I've seen
posted some time.  However, the seller also said that it had the mod
for the tuner (done by the "Mod Man").  Is anyone familar with any
such mod?  (I have no interest in transmitting outside the band, but
since I'm going to re-sell the radio, I'd like to have all my facts
straight).

	He also states that it had the mod by Yaesu that involves
doing something to the receiver to quiet it down.  Yaesu acknowledges
such a mod but I can't get them to fax it to me (they keep saying they
will, but it never makes it to the fax machine).

	I've done a side by side comparison of the two radios (using
an antenna A/B switch), and I can hear no difference between the two.
Signal strengths are the same between two stations, background noise
level is the same, etc.  Is there something else I should be listening
for?

	- Chris, KD4DTS

---
John "Chris" Wren, KD4DTS
jcwren@atlanta.com
770-945-8288 (H)
770-840-9200 x2417 (W)

By US Code Title 47, Sec.227(a)(2)(B), a computer/modem/printer
meets the definition of a telephone fax machine. By Sec.227(b)
(1)(C), it is unlawful to send any unsolicited advertisement to
such equipment, punishable by action to recover actual monetary
loss, or $500, whichever is greater, for EACH violation.