[Yaesu] FT-890 and SB-220 connections

Bill Aycock baycock@hiwaay.net
Wed, 21 Jan 1998 00:37:36 -0600

Ray- first- I have NOT done this, but I just happened to be reading the 890
users manual, tonight, looking for  a reference for the rear switch on the
bottom of the rig.  It turns out that this switch is for changing the way
the rig is hooked to an Amp.  In the text, it tells the conditions that
should be met. (has to do with relay noise, etc.)

I can send you a copy of the pertinent diagram and text, if you need.

Bill W4BSG

At 11:15 PM 1/20/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Hello to the list...
>
>Recently picked up an old Heath SB-220 and I'd love to interface
>it to the FT-890.  This is my first experience with QRO and I'm
>a little intimidated by all the power and mass of this beast!
>
>Anyone been down this road?  From what I can gather, I should be
>able to control the amp with the TX GND connector on the rear of
>the '890.  Or do I need an interface circuit to protect my rig?
>Is the ALC simply "plug-and-play"?  :)

Bill Aycock   W4BSG
Jackson County, AL
EM64vr