[Yaesu] 1000-MP Power Output

DJ2001@aol.com DJ2001@aol.com
Tue, 21 Jul 1998 09:22:43 EDT

No!  The MPs finals are 2SC2879's and can take it.  The question is can the
power supply and is there enough cooling for the finals.  I think you can
safely take the MP to 150 watts INTERMITTANT SERVICE ONLY.  NO keydown
continuous service at that power level.  I know other owners of MPs who are
running them at 150 watts SSB with no problems.  Mine is set for 120 watts.
The adjustment is easy to do, its on the bottom of the radio.  You need a
service manual or a very good diagram as there are other adjustments that you
can get confused with.

Dale J.